Hey, how you would like to work for Designer Toy kings, Kidrobot? Well, now is your chance. The Boulder-based company is now looking to hire a Junior Designer and if you’re good enough you could soon be working with the KR Krew shown below! Pretty neat! We’ve included all the details on the role, and how to apply.
Kidrobot is looking for a strong Junior Designer to join the in-house creative department. The position requires an exceptionally creative and focused individual. Must be able to work as part of the team to compile packaging and in-house design needs, as well as complete production work on artist based designs and packaging projects.
The position will be heavily involved in preparing various concept ideation, products, and packaging files. This ideal design candidate will also assist in any other creative needs as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be able to take positive critique and direction from the creative director and project managers as well as effectively communicate, collaborate, organize internal workflow and take initiatives. They will be involved in various design work and be held responsible for finishing projects on-time in a very fast paced environment. Flexibility and a positive attitude are crucial, as well as the ability to interpret creative briefs, distill information (pertaining to various projects) and report up to general manager. Brand knowledge is a plus, along with product packaging obsession and strong communication abilities.
-0-2 years in product/character design background
– Colorado residents only
– Packaging design experience
– Familiarity in manufacturing processes is a plus
– Strong knowledge of typographical principles, layout and an innate sense of style Press experience, as well as experience preparing and optimizing files for offset printing a must
– Knowledge and sensitivity to interactive design principles, usability, and online branding
– Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment
– Ability to interpret 2D drawings in 3D
– Strong/rapid sketching ability
– Knowledge in the digital sculpting medium with Z-brush software
– Deadline oriented, Excellent communication ability and organizational skills
– Self motivation, organization, and the ability to excel both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
– A great portfolio showcasing your experience
– Knowledge of the brand, consumer and history of Kidrobot is a plus[/box]
[box title=”How to Apply”]
To apply, please submit the following items to: [email protected]
– Cover Letter
– PDF sample of your work (5MB or less)
– Link to your portfolio website
– Reference list[/box]
Good luck! We hope that we’ll be seeing your work being blogged about on The Toy Chronicle in the near future!
If you’d like more information you can check out the KR Career page HERE.