Like they say “all good things come to those who wait” this is one of that moment! a project between Matt Kaufenberg and Christopher Lee or the cool kids call him The beast is back present to you Joy Riders! It took us down memory lane back in 2017 at Dcon we say the making of Joy Riders. The excitement is real as today we see the full reveal of Joy Riders! TO THE MOON!
Homage to vintage toys and celebrates classic space adventuring themes. Cadet Brett Bradfield is a risk-taking mechanic who always seems to get himself into trouble. Xero Xanthum is a top scientist and security expert. Both find themselves assigned to the same remote research station on the planet Delphynia by Captain Cornelius Albacore. The set box is filled with bits of their backstory along with their current mission.
The Nebula One Deluxe Set is just the first entry into the Joy Riders world. LK Toys are actively developing new characters for their heroes to meet and interact with.
The Nebula One Deluxe Set includes the Nebula One Rover vehicle, Cadet Brett Bradfield with relay transmitter accessory, and Professor Xero Xanthum with security baton accessory.
The set also comes with two sticker sheets featuring designs by Chris and Matt Kaufenberg that you can use to customize the characters and the vehicle.
An old school instruction sheet is also included that shows where to apply each sticker.
– Retail Price: $95
– Available direct at: store.thebeastisback.com
– The figures are not sold separately at this time.
– The first 150 orders will receive a limited edition Mission Pack which includes stickers (featuring two designs by guest artist Carlo Beranek / @carloberanek), pins, an embroidered patch, and a screen-printed wood block made by @unclegoose.
Nebula One Rover info:
– Dimensions: 6–1/2″ long x 4″ wide x 2–5/8″ tall (16.5cm x 10cm x 6.8cm)
– Pilot cockpits are magnetized at the floor to secure the figures to the vehicle.
– The wheels are made of vinyl.
– The body is made of ABS plastic and painted white.
– All six wheels roll on metal axles.
Brett Bradfield and Xero Xanthum
– Dimensions: Brett Bradfield is 4″ tall (10cm) / Xero Xanthum is 4.25″ tall (10.7cm)
– Articulation: Head, wrists, and arms
– Accessories are interchangeable between the characters.
– Made of injection molded PVC and rotocast vinyl
– Their feet contain small magnets to secure them to the vehicle.
Matt Kaufenberg and Christopher Lee formed LK Toys as a platform for our toy-related collaborations. Everything they plan to do from design, play, and overall functionality is infused with the spirit of vintage toys. For us, that means keeping everything simple, and most importantly, fun.
Full behind-the-scenes write up at thebeastisback.com/blog.
For Chris Lee merch head to https://store.thebeastisback.com/ which is filled with Prints, stickers and the awesome Road Trip – Screen Print where it features Rhino Beetle
If you want to get your Designer Toy news first, you should look to download our new TTC Mobile App. Designer Toy news direct to your smartphone. No dealing with social media algorithms ITS FREE.