With the Designer Toy Awards voting in full swing now, and not much time to get your votes in (voting ends Wednesday 3rd May at 5pm BST), we wanted to reach out to our readers and give you our reasons why we think we deserve your vote in the DTA category for Best Blog. We personally think it’s difficult to make a choice in certain DTA categories. When you’re comparing two Toys next to each other, it’s easier to determine the best – you can see it with your own two eyes. The same for Customs etc. Blogs, we think, is harder, as to how do you determine who is best? You could go for the one you’ve been reading the longest, but are they really the best during 2016? Possible, but probably not. We wanted to present to your what we did during 2016 that makes us the Best Blog during that particular year. We’re not looking at what happened in 2012, 2015 or 2017 etc, just what has solely happened in the year of twenty sixteen. We’ve broken it down into four main streams. Growth: how much did we grow during 2016. Major Events: what stood out in 2016. Exclusives: what did we work on with artists during 2016. Live Stream: events around the globe we helped you see from your living room.
- Grew 55% YOY in Page Views from 2015 to 2016.
- Grew 98% YOY in Unique Visitors from 2015 to 2016.
- Grew 45% YOY in Number of Blog Posts from 2015 to 2016.
- Grew 210% in Page Views when comparing Jan 2016 to Dec 2016.
- Grew 111% in Users when comparing Jan 2016 to Dec 2016.
- Grew Facebook Likes organically 121% from the end of 2015 to end of 2016.
- Grew Instagram organically 29% during 2016.
- TTC hosted the biggest booth in ToyConUK history at the 2016 edition, including our special guests Huck Gee, Nathan Hamill, Original Gee, Secret Underground Volcano Base & Tattoo Dave.
- Hosting the legendary TCUK 2016 Aftershow Party, obviously.
- Blue Skullhead Blank by Huck Gee @ ToyConUK.
- Mosaic Custom Dunny Series by Godhay Toys @ ToyConUK.
- Resin Skulls by RXSE7EN @ ToyConUK.
- Inner Child colourway by Nerviswr3k @ ToyConUK
- Baby TEQ63 Custom Dunny Series by Quiccs @ ToyConUK.
- Fantastic Four Custom Dunny Series by Jalos @ ToyConUK.
- TDR by HX Studios @ ToyConUK.
- Tooth Fairy by UME Toys @ ToyConUK.
- Jade Green Baby Fatts by Big C @ ToyConUK.
- Little Vampire, Night-Night, Koomorichan, Pumpkin Vampire Resin Series by Kiboochan @ ToyConUK.
- Wabrook by JPK x Wetworks @ ToyConUK.
Live Streamed from the following
- KAWS at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Yorkshire
- ToyConUK 2016, London
- Thailand Toy Expo 2016, Thailand
- Jenn & Tony Bot Show @ Clutter Gallery, New York
- Kaleidoscope Show @ Clutter Gallery, New York
- Boglins Custom Show @ Clutter Gallery, New York
- Gift Wrapped Custom Show @ Clutter Gallery, New York
- Vinylploitation Show @ Clutter Gallery, New York
- Coarse ‘Cold Ways’ Show @ Rotofugi Gallery, Chicago
- Black Droves Show, Brooklyn
- STGCC 2016, Singapore
- Konatsu show @ myplasticheart, New York
- Banana Virus 10th Anniversary show @ FLABSLAB, Singapore
- Taipei Toy Festival 2016, Taipei
- Genesis4 Art Exhibition @ Wrong Gallery, Taipei
- Andrea Kang’s PUFF PUFF Show @ P!Q, New York
- Sucklord Xmas Xtravaganza 2016, New York
It was a crazy good year for The Toy Chronicle. Getting Pedro on board in February really helped motivate Andy & I. I think our hard work paid off as we got to the end of 2016 we were seeing crazy-number of visitors to the website. In Jan 2016 we had 79500 page views a month, by December we were getting 246,000! A huge increase in traffic. I think we proved over the course of 2016 that The Toy Chronicle were the Best Blog in the Designer Toy world. That’s not to say that other blogs & media streams weren’t good, oh they were. There were some absolute fucking great podcasts & blogs out there, but TTC stands above & beyond in 2016. In our humble opinion, of course.
If you think that The Toy Chronicle deserve YOUR vote, it would be very much appreciated. You can head on over to our direct vote page HERE and place your vote. You will need to log in or register if you haven’t voted previously. We have created a Guide to DTA Voting, which helps you through the simple steps needed to vote. This can be found HERE or by clicking the image below:
Whatever the outcome on May 19th at the DTA Ceremony, we want to really honestly thank you all for the support & love that you give The Toy Chronicle. We truly feel blessed. We will continue to do what we do, and do it for you! You’re the reason why we post what we post on a daily basis. We want you to find new artists, find old artists, fall in love, feel something. It makes it feel worthwhile. That what we are doing is right. We can only get stronger as we grow.
Gary, Andy, Pedro & Czee
The Toy Chronicle