It’s been a while since we had the chance to listen to a few podcasts, but yesterday we finally got the chance catch up on the latest Marsham Toy Hour even though we’ve missed the few months episodes (promise we will listen to the older episodes) Anyway we hit the play button on Marsham Toy Hour Episode 44 – “Old School” ft Ryan Rutherford and Chris Ryniak where “This week, Ryan Rutherford and Chris Ryniak throwback with Gary Ham. The guys share and discuss their favourite “old school” toys. They revisit the “art toy” vs “designer toy” debate. For us, it was cool episode as it was a trip down memory lane. Truly made us go OMG I remember that release!
Points that stood out to us in this episode that might make you want to hit that play button.
- Companies not taking as much risk
- Kidrobot using own platform with artist
- No more individual designs. Cost effective and sales
- Round robin debate between the different between art toy, designer toy.
- Eye of the beholder
- Chris said representation which we agree