Designer Toys should be about having fun. The newly announced WWE x Kidrobot vinyl mini wrestler series is just that. Fun. Are they perfect, no, but when a 10 year old is getting introduced to blind boxes for the first time, trying to hunt down his or her favourite WWE superstar they enter into a lifetime of Designer Toy joy that we have all faced when we first got into collecting this rather addicting hobby through blind boxes or other methods.
Great to see the women’s WWE superstars included too in this series. They are making names for themselves in the squared circle, so rightly deserve to be part of people’s collections. They are recognisable in their designs, moreso than some of the male superstars, so fans of Sasha, Charlotte & Ronda will know which they are trying to chase down.
These blind boxes are not aimed, in my opinion, to the hardcore collectors amongst us (although they may get a kick out of them too) but the next generation of collectors and if folks see past that then I think these could be quite fun. I won’t lie, I’m already keen on getting my hands on the Undertaker. Cos… well… TAKER!
The WWE x Kidrobot mini vinyl series is now available to purchase from Kidrobot.com. Priced at $9.99 per blind box.
WWE x Kidrobot Ratios
- The Undertaker Mini Figure – 2/24
- Ultimate Warrior Mini Figure – 2/24
- ?? Mini Figure (Blacked out on package) – ?? (Extremely Rare Chase)
- John Cena Mini Figure – 1/24 (Rare)
- The Rock Mini Figure – 3/24
- Charlotte Flair Mini Figure – 3/48
- Ronda Rousey Mini Figure – 2/24
- Shawn Michaels Mini Figure – 2/24
- Andre the Giant Mini Figure – 2/24
- Ric Flair Mini Figure – 2/24
- Roman Reigns – 1/24 (Rare)
- AJ Styles Mini Figure – ??/??
- Sasha Banks Mini Figure – 2/24
- Alexa Bliss Mini Figure – 2/24
The blacked out image, which is the extremely rare chase figure, appears to be the cerebral assassin, Triple H if the images on the Kidrobot site are anything to go by.