As DesignerCon drags its sweet ass closer (#16daystogo), Ben G of DCon fame gives another lowdown on what is to be going down in Anaheim later this month. Talking with Scott “Sourdough” Power (yup, SOURDOUGH) on the Not Real Art Podcast. Don’t worry the SourDough business is discussed along with some cool chat with Ben on what excites him for DesignerCon 2019.
You can take a listen to the Not Real Art Podcast below. It’s about 1hr 22min long, so not too bad to listen on your commute journey etc.
Key Points from this Episode:
• The history behind the Sourdough alias!
• Work in the trenches of preparing for the upcoming DesignerCon.
• Moving the event from Pasadena to the new venue in Anaheim.
• The things that Ben is most excited about this time around.
• VIP tickets, big toy companies and the bigger and better DesignerCon.
• Bringing back vital and almost forgotten galleries from L.A.’s history.
• The number of things to see at the show and taking it all in, over time.
• Ben’s recommendation to first time vendors and artists.
• The wonderful opportunity to meet artists in the flesh.
• Some of the success stories of motivation and inspiration that come out of the event.
• A big thanks to the amazing sponsors of this year’s DesignerCon.
• The extra special art show that is happening exclusively at the event.
• Looking forward to Ben’s appearance at the Not Real Art Conference next year!
• The effect of parenthood on art collection and appreciation.
DesignerCon Social Media
Not Real Art Social Media
Notes and pictures taken from Not Real Art site
If you want to support The Toy Chronicle, we have a number of options available to you. Purchasing one of our pins really help. A quick, cheap way to also support the TTC is by making a small donation. These can all be completed below through our online shop. We appreciate all the support! Thanks!