Singapore based Eric Chew the man behind the lens as well as Sapien Toy Studio! Back in 2019, Eric cooked up his first 3D drawing to reveal the first mockup of Chewthulhu, his take on the mighty Cthulhu. making adjustments throughout the years it seems like Chewthulhu is ready to take on the crowds and set to make its debut. Out with the technical issues Eric faced during the birth of Chewthulhu, Eric has chosen Japanese Grade Vinyl as the material for the pour and pull method. Chewthulhu has a total of 11 parts and he might look small, but he is actually 8 inches tall (about 20cm). We are impressed with the amount of detail thats come out from the soft vinyl which is very rare to see. Inch by inch covered including the butt cheeks with detail its crazy.
(Fun fact: If you know Mr. Takahiro Komuro /Tkomfactory/ TkomArt. He is about Tkom’s Gamaotoko size. I actually love Gamaotoko a lot and when I was first asked about the production size, I decided that it has to be the same size as Gamaotoko just so that they will be compatible for a photoshoot.) – Eric
Chewthulhu stands at 8inches tall.
– Flying shit head.
– Tentacle beard
– Absolutely no mouth behind tentacle beard
– Huge belly with a gigantic mouth.
– 2 little arms at each side to aid Chewthulhu during mealtime, or mealtime during a fight. Tearing the limb of other ‘Kaijus’ and eat while fighting proves easy with excess arms.
– Sharp pointy scales and rock hard skin on arms.
– Tentacles legs to help swim better.
– Mappings details to camouflage
– Huge butt to create huge faeces
– Tiny wings at the back to help him fly.
Please note, he doesn’t grow. HE EVOLVES.
Chewthulhu’s production is finally done. The first sale will be before Lunar New Year BUT, Eric will be conducting a free giveaway next week. Do stay tuned for more information on how to take part in the free giveaway.
See you next week, for the GIVEAWAY week.
Eric also has the passion for some toy photography and you can check his works via Instagram.com/eric_chewthulhu/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sapientoystudio
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pg/sapientoystudio
- Blog: www.sapientoystudio.com
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/sapientoystudio
You can get your daily Designer Toy fix from our TTC Mobile App. It’s free too! FREE! Download on the iPhone or Android smartphones. Search for “The Toy Chronicle” and all your Designer Toy wishes will come true! Pretty much.