Fancy winning yourself a trip to London and attend ToyConUK 2016? Sure you do, right?! The guys over at Martian Toys, who have killed it at DesignerCon & NYCC this year, are offering one lucky artist the chance to join them on their booth in London next April.
HOW IT WORKS
- Each participating artist will submit a single 3 inch custom Dunny and a design prospectus file for ToyCon UK London.
- A fan voting page will be set up and monitored for a week long vote from February 1st thru February 7th and the winners will be announced on February 8th.
- 1st place will receive a round trip ticket to London + 3 nights accommodation plus 80% commission on any pieces sold at London Toycon UK April 9th.
- 4 runners up will receive $100 credit to MartianToys.com + have up to 5 customs exhibited at ToyCon UK where they will receive 70% commission of any sale.
- Non winning entrants’ custom dunny will become 100% property of Martian Toys, though artists retain all intellectual rights to the custom design and prospectus submitted.
Deadline: Custom dunny must be physically received no later than January 31st, 2016
- Open to anyone with a valid passport and legally allowed to enter the UK.
- Each participant is expected to handle any visa application process and fees. If you’re denied entry to UK; other arrangements might be made.
- Entrants will supply their own o cial Kidrobot dunny (no bootlegs please).
- Entrants will pay shipping to New York by or before January 31st 2016.
- Pieces received after Januarty 31 2016 are not eligible for contest and will be returned at participant’s expense. •Non winning entrants custom dunny will become 100% property of Martian Toys.
- Martian Toys reserves the right to take non winning pieces to London Toycon, sell them on martiantoys.com or use for promotional purposes. In all cases, proper attribution of the artist will always be given.
- In the event a UK or EU based artist wins the grand prize, a cash equivalent price will be awarded based on a round trip from New York to London or given the option to attend New York Comic Con in October 2016.
- This contest is designed to help an ambitious artist gain international exposure.
- The grand prize winner will be expected to bring his/her pieces to sell with them to London. We recommend the winner to bring 20 to 40 items to sell.
- Runner up winners will be allowed to send 5 additional pieces to New York by April 1st. Reasonably sized customs and nothing extremely fragile will be taken to Toycon London.
- Martian Toys takes no responsability on pieces broken during transportation. Please ensure each piece is properly protected and packaged.
- A web ready picture of the custom piece and design prospectus must be submitted before or by January 31st 2016.
- For more information please contact [email protected]
This is an awesome opportunity that Martian Toys are offering. We are sure this will be a popular competition with many artists trying to use their talents to win themselves a nice trip to London. If the entries are as good as those that were put in the recent Space Crab Wars show at DCon, then everyone is a winner.
Good luck if you enter!